There are a variety of spooky, and not so spooky, Halloween festivities taking place in Moore County to suit all ages. Happy Halloween!
Friday, October 27, 2017
• The Pinehurst Parks and Recreation Department will sponsor a fall festival fundraiser for Pinehurst Elementary School. The event will feature games, face painting, bounce houses, a costume contest and more. Festivities run from 5 to 8 p.m. at Cannon Park in Pinehurst. Activity wristbands will be sold by the Pinehurst Elementary School PTA for $12 each. For information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Southern Pines Recreation and Parks Department will hold its annual Halloween Haunt for children ages 10 and younger. The festivities begin at 5 p.m. with trick-or-treating at participating downtown businesses, followed by fun in the downtown park from 5:45 to 6:45 p.m. and an outdoor film at 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 28
• Old Bethesda Church in Aberdeen will host trick-or-treaters from 4 to 6:30 p.m. The church is located on Bethesda Road. For information, call the church office at (910) 944-1319.
• A fall festival will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Family Life Center of First Presbyterian Church in Carthage. The church is located at 110 S. Ray St. Call (910) 947-2924 or visit www.fpccarthage.com.
• Ives Memorial Baptist Church in Pinebluff will hold its annual Harvest Festival from 4 to 7 p.m. Ives Memorial Baptist Church is located at 365 E. Philadelphia Ave. in Pinebluff. Visit imbworship.org or call (910) 281-3247.
• Harvest Fest, an evening of celebration co-hosted by the Robbins Civic Association and the town of Robbins, will take place Saturday, Oct. 28, from 6 to 10 p.m. in downtown Robbins. For more information, call (910) 948-4324 or email email@example.com.
• The annual Oktoberfest at Tufts Park will kick off at 1 p.m. with Kinderfest, followed by adult fun from 6 to 9 p.m. For information, call (910) 295-2817.
• First Baptist Church of Pinehurst will hold a Trunk or Treat event from 5:30 to 7 p.m. The event features food, a cupcake walk, firetrucks and games. The church is located across from the Pinewild entrance on N.C. 211.
• Seven Lakes Chapel in the Pines, located at 581 Seven Lakes Drive in West End, will hold a Pumpkin Palooza Party from noon to 2 p.m. Call (910) 673-2156 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A fall festival will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Paul Church in Whispering Pines, located at 3253 Niagara-Carthage Road in Whispering Pines. For more information, call (910) 949-2345, visit stpaullutheranchurchwhisperingpines.org.
Sunday, October 29
• A Family Farm Day Spooktacular will be held from noon to 5 p.m. at Moore Equine Events, 831 Priest Hill Road, Carthage. Children who come in costumes will receive raffle tickets for prizes to be awarded at the end of the event. The grand prize is a free birthday party at Moore Equine Events. For information, call (910) 986-4774 or visit www.mooreequineevents.com/familyfarmday.html.
• A Trunk or Treat event will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at Harvest Church, located at 7310 N.C. 22 in Carthage. The event will feature free food, hayrides, candy and more.
• First Baptist Church in Southern Pines will hold a community Trunk or Treat event with Brownson Memorial Presbyterian Church from 3 to 5 p.m. Children are invited to come in costume to the parking lots of both churches on the Massachusetts Avenue side of the buildings. For information, call Bryan Moore at (910) 692-8750.
• West End Presbyterian Church will hold a Trunk or Treat event from 5 to 7 p.m. on the church campus, located at 275 Knox Lane in West End. Call (910) 673-4341 for information.
Tuesday, October 31
• Beaver Creek Baptist Church, located at 2280 Nicholson Road in Cameron, will hold a Fall Fest from 6 to 8 p.m. Dinner will be provided during the event. For information, visit beavercreekchurch.org.
• The Sandhills Fellowship of Hope will join with groups from Red Branch Baptist and First Baptist of Carthage to hold a Trunk or Treat event from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in the parking lot of First Baptist in Carthage. The church is located at 108 McNeil St.
• The Moore County Airport will welcome trick-or-treaters from 3 to 6 p.m. For information, call Crystal Meyers at (910) 692-3212 or email@example.com.
• Crossroads Community Church, located at 780 Bibey Road in Carthage, will hold a “Hallelujah Night” from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The event will feature free hot dogs, games, candy and hayride. Call (910) 949-3971 for information.
• The Village Chapel will hold a fall festival from 6 to 8 p.m. with food, candy and activities. Call (910) 295-6003 for information. The church is located at 10 Azalea Road in Pinehurst.
• Trinity Christian Fellowship will hold a fall festival and Trunk or Treat event from 5 to 7 p.m. The church is located at 425 Magnolia Road.
• Trunk-or-treating will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Rufus McLaughlin American Legion Post Auxiliary Unit 177 in Southern Pines. The post is located at 1650 W. New York Ave. Call (910) 303-6487, (910) 261-8633 or (910) 684-8484 to reserve a parking space.
• Christ Community Church will host Light the Night from 5 to 8 p.m. at the church, which is located at 220 Campground Road in West End. For information, call (910) 215-8099.
Event calendar & photo courtesy of The Pilot